I’m really pleased to have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by sabahbatul. Thank you so much. Please check out her blog too.
This award was created by the book blog, Edge of Night for bloggers to nominate other blogs that they enjoy reading.
You have to do a couple of things in response to your nomination, so first off: my post about blogging.
How I Got Started:
I actually write another blog called DastardlyCrafty which is about the crafts I enjoy doing (mostly amigurumi crochet). It’s been running for about 3 years but I only post around once a month and a friend asked why I write about that particular hobby rather than the one I do every single day which is writing fiction. It made sense. And so I started Awritekerfuffle.
Advice For New Bloggers:
Interact with other bloggers. If you read someone’s post and like it, tell them. The more you interact with others the more you’ll get out of blogging.
Don’t expect a big audience overnight. It takes time. As long as you enjoy writing it, who cares how many people you have reading it?!
So my own nominations for blogs that I really enjoy reading:
- Bluchickenninja – Possibly THE most prolific reader in the blogosphere. Great reviews and posts.
- Gaming Backlog – Great concept for a gaming blog. Working his way through the backlog of games he has yet to play. Each review manages to get across those feelings of frustration/elation that you get playing and completing a game.
- Robin LK – Each post is full of boundless optimism!
- The Dictionary of Victorian Insults and Niceties – Exactly what it says it is!
- Sometimes Stellar Storyteller – Nicola Auckland’s weekly six word story challenge will flex your brain muscle.
- Anna Spoke – Great insight into what it is ‘really like’ to publish an ebook and make it work. Honest and interesting.
- Sorry Television – Challenge of reading a book a week. Reviews are honest and humourous.
- Nerdy Book Club – Book blog, particularly useful if you’re a teacher.
- The Lovely Piece – All sorts of posts but I love the recipes the most.
- Words Coffee and Lace Dresses – A personal blog that is just fun to read.
- Bake and Make in Bristol – For her fantastic Powertex designs.
- Top Of The Tent – Posts about writing and literature. Recent winner of the Bath Short Story Award.
- Margaret Jean Langstaff – Posts about writing and literature.
- Hardback Junkie – Book reviews – mostly YA fiction.
- Geekritique – Film, TV, Comic reviews. Mostly Sci -Fi stuff.
Please check them out.
What to do next if you’ve been nominated.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Write a post to show off your award!
- Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.
Of course, if you don’t have time to do the above, no biggy. I nominated you anyway!